What is Walking Football?
- It is low-impact, team-based exercise, with a different set of rules, specifically all players must ‘always have one foot on the ground’.
- Matches are played with modified formats (5v5/6v6) on smaller pitches with shortened game times
- Canberra Foot and Ankle Clinic Walking Football aims to provide participants with mental health benefits, social connectedness and promotion of the benefits of ongoing physical activity.
- When? The new season will run (walk) from Wednesday 16th of October to 26th of February. There will be a four week break over the Christmas and New Year period. The final set of games before Christmas will be played on the 18th of December before the competition resumes on the 22nd of January.
- Where? Hawker Football Centre.
- Who? Males and females over the age of 45.
How to get involved
- Registrations are now open! Click here to register for the upcoming 2019/20 summer season.
- Cost for the full season: $100 + GST
- Participants are to register as an individual. If you are part of a team, please email Kelly Stirton your team details. If you are not part of a team and are looking to join one, please email Kelly and she will find the perfect team for you.
Game Development Manager – Kelly Stirton | Email here or contact on 6189 2215
Walking FOOTBALL National rules, regulations and guidelines