National Premier Leagues
An NPL exemption request can only be submitted by a Club (via the Club’s Technical Director) and not an individual Player. The below exemptions will be available through this form:
- Club may seek permission for a female Player to register and play in a male team who is outside the age eligibility criteria for that Team.
- Club may make a submission for a Player to play in NPLB or CPLB notwithstanding that they are also playing in the NPLW.
- Club may make a submission for Players to play in higher age grades three (3) or more years above their personal age eligibility criterion
- For Players under 16 years of age to play in NPLM, NPLW or CPLM Teams
- For a Goalkeeper to play in higher age grades or Leagues
1st Grade, U23s, and Reserve Grade
- The minimum age for registration in an 1st, U23, or Reserve Grade is 16 years of age.
- Players registered in U23 and Reserve Grade Teams may play in 1st Grade Premiership Matches.
- Age eligible Players registered in 1st Grade Teams may play in U23 or Reserve Grade Premiership Matches.
- A Club may play up to four (4) registered 1st Grade Players who are over the U23 age eligibility criterion in U23 Premiership Matches.
Should more information be required, Capital Football will contact the Club in the first instance.
JUNIOR LEAGUEs, SENIOR LEAGUES AND MINIROOS AGE EXEMPTION FORM
This form is to be completed if the below is applicable to a Senior Leagues participant who is:
- Under the age of 16 as at 31 December 2022 (applicable to SLW, SLM & CLM competitions)
- Under the age of 35 as at 31 December 2022 (applicable to MLW and MLM O35’s competitions)
- Under the age of 45 as at 31 December 2022 (applicable to MLM O45’s competition)
- Under the age of 55 as at 31 December 2022 (applicable to MLM 055’s competition)
JUNIOR LEAGUES AND MINIROOS AGE EXEMPTIONS
Where a Club seeks an exemption, it must provide a written statement using Capital Football’s Exemption Form from its Technical Director confirming that:
- Where the Player is under 18 years of age, the Club has received formal agreement from the Player’s Parent/Guardian for the Player to play in the specified Team,
- they have assessed the Player,
- the Player has the requisite technical skills, and
- they believe that it would be in the development and welfare interests of the Player’s the exemption to be given