After a hugely successful iteration in 2018, Female Football Week will be held from the 18th – 24th of February in 2019.
The aim for the 2019 Female Football Week is to encourage participation and create good environments for participants across all areas of the game, including players, coaches, volunteers and referees.
We have a number of events during the week which you may see a number of the Canberra United and WNPL players attend.
Monday 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th February
- Free Girls-Only Football Clinic @ Brindabella; To coincide with Capital Football’s Female Football Week, BBFC is offering a free football clinic for returning and new female players aged 6 to 14. The clinic starts on Monday 4th February @ Calwell Playing Fields from 5.30 to 7pm and will run throughout February. For more information contact the Brindabella Girls Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the BBFC Facebook page
MOnday 18th February
- Brindabella Blues, Girls Only, Bring a Friend and Come and Try Evening at Calwell Playing Fields (upper fields opposite the canteen) from 5.30pm – 7pm for Girls aged 6 to 18. The evening will include football games everyone can be involved in and enjoy. Just wear boots or joggers and bring a water bottle and a have a go attitude. Contacts: For further information contact Michael or 0423 824 192.
Thursday 21st February
- Tuggeranong United Come and Try Night from 6pm – 7.30pm at Wanniassa Playing, Field 2. For information please contact Stan Mitchell
- Radford College Come and Try for female students from 3.45pm – 5pm. It will be held on the P&F Oval – best accessed off the Hayden Drive entrance. For more information please contact Tom Crossley
Saturday 23rd February
- Belconnen Youth Multicultural Services 6-a-side tournament, 11am – 2pm at Hawker Football Club. For more information please contact M.Y.S on 6100 4611
- Women’s Pre-Season Tournament, all day at the University of Canberra
Sunday 24th February
If you or your club would like to get involved in Female Football Week please email Kelly Stirton from the Game Development Department.