This year, Capital Football is proudly supporting #PlayinPurple, a national awareness campaign that turns sporting fields purple for pancreatic cancer.
The disease has a 5-year survival rate at only 10.7% and the campaign is an opportunity to increase player and community engagement, while supporting an important cause.
- The campaign runs on two weekends of June 12/13 &19/20
- Clubs can choose the best weekend to play in purple socks
- A brand new #PlayinPurple sock design will be unveiled this year
- PanKind purple socks are $15 per pair and the funds raised will go directly toward pancreatic cancer research
- Order in teams – get your whole team playing in purple socks
- A #PlayinPurple participation pack including a social media guide is provided to each club. Campaign hashtags #playinpurple #pancreaticcancer @PanKindFoundation
- Supporting partners include A League clubs and peak bodies across Australia.
- More information will be shared and the online shop for orders opens in early April.