The Capital Football Performance Department is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified people to fill the vacant position of Canberra United Head Coach for the 2018/19 Foxtel National Youth League.
This expression of interest is predicated on the assumption that the Foxtel National Youth League continues, as does Canberra Uniteds participation in the competition.
PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE
- To provide leadership, coaching and management to the Canberra United Foxtel Youth League (FYL) team to ensure a competitive team in the FYL.
- To identify and develop talented players within the region and prepare them for FYL.
- To work closely with NPL clubs and coaches to ensure the best possible preparation for the FYL.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide leadership, coaching, management, strategic, tactical and technical direction to the Team.
- Provide periodisation plan prior to the commencement of the season including conditioning, tactical and technical, as requested by CF’s Technical Director.
- Provide support and advice/mentoring to Coaching support staff on on‐field matters relating to the team.
- Analyse our matches and prepare videos and presentations to improve our performances.
- Analyse matches of opposing teams as part of match preparation. (Competence with match analysis software would be advantageous).
- Provide reports to CF’s Technical Director as requested.
- Monitor and scout the playing, fitness, availability, progress and well‐being of potential players playing in the various NPL in ACT as well as other competitions across Australia.
- Attend all matches, training sessions, camps and meetings of the team.
- Provide advice and assessment of performances of the team to CF’s Technical Director as requested.
- Consult with CF’s Technical Director in relation to the technical direction and development of FYL team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOUR REQUIRED
- Current AFC/FFA A License or Pro Diploma for Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents; Current Pro Diploma for foreign applicants.
- Highest level of national and/or international football coaching knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with the latest match analysis software.
- Familiarity with PowerPoint or equivalent software.
- Ability to work successfully with existing team staff in a harmonious atmosphere.
- Capacity to ensure a committed and united approach within the team.
- Ability to maintain and nurture Canberra United’s strong team culture.
- Primary interaction in relation to the team is with the players, and staff of the team.
- Secondary interaction is with the CEO, Technical Director, Manager of Player Programs and NPL coaches as required.
- Interaction with other high-performance coaches and technical leaders of the sport.
- CF/FFA partners, broadcasters, media, community and fans
Please address all applications to the Chief Executive Officer – Capital Football
Applications (containing resume and cover letter addressing this position vacancy notice) must be lodged by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm Friday 23 March, 2018
Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified.