Dear Football Community,
There has been some interest regarding the recent 2021 Declaration of Leagues, and we take this opportunity to provide further clarity on the process and decision for the 2021 NPL competitions. For ease of reference, the Declaration of Leagues can be found on the Circulars and Memos page of the Capital Football website.
Capital Football believes the 2021 NPL competition structures serve the best interests of football as it;
- Aligns the formats for female and male competitions.
- Aligns the youth and senior formats within men’s and boys’ competitions.
- Provides for more competitive leagues, with like for like opportunities between clubs in the same division.
- Promotes a better environment for individual player development.
- Creates opportunity in NPLY2 and NPL2 for aspiring clubs to develop.
- Incentivises clubs to invest in player development through implementing promotion and relegation between NPLY1 and NPLY2, and NPL1 and NPL2.
The application process to enter the 2021 NPL competitions was a competitive process, and we understand and appreciate that some clubs will be disappointed to have not been invited to participate in the leagues, or been allocated to a division lower than their preference.
Capital Football made the difficult decision regarding the Declaration of Leagues with the ongoing best interests of football in Canberra. The Capital Football Board is meeting with those affected clubs to provide feedback on their applications.
Click HERE to read more about Capital Football’s decision process regarding the 2021 NPL Competitions.