Applications are now open for the 2020 ACT Government’s Indigenous Sports Grant Program, providing assistance for Indigenous Australians to enjoy physical, emotional and social wellbeing.
The Indigenous Sports Grant Program supports the Indigenous Advancement Strategy’s Safety and Wellbeing Programme by fostering the ability of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to engage in education, employment and other opportunities.
The grant provides up to $200 and can be used to assist with:
- Formal sports or active recreation competitions and programs of at least six weeks in duration
- Education and training courses/workshops that relate directly to organised sport or active recreation
- Applicants must be participating as an athlete, coach, manager or official in:
- An official national championship endorsed by the relevant ASC recognised national sporting organisation (NSO) or School Sport Australia (SSA); or
- An international competition as a member of an official Australian team endorsed by an ASC recognised NSO or SSA
To apply for the Indigenous Sports Grant Program funding, please complete the online application form and provide the relevant documentation needed to complete the form.
The funding provided through the Indigenous Sports Grant Program is limited and as such, all applications will need to adhere strictly to the compliance criteria.
It is possible that not all requests for assistance will be approved, therefore funding should not be deemed automatic or anticipated.
For any enquires regarding the Indigenous Sports Grant Program, please contact Kelly Stirton. Applications close 30 June 2020 unless funds are exhausted beforehand.
ISGP Funding Guidelines can be found here.