Men's Futsal Premier League Semi-Finals Review

Canberra Olympic Superprawns and Belconnen United will face off in the Men's Futsal Premier League next week after winning their semi-finals on Wednesday night.

Canberra Olympic Superprawns 6 (Robbie CATTANACH 51’, Daniel FULTON 50’, 53’, Goran JOSIFOVSKI 5’, Ryan KEIR 16’, Pat ROSS-MAGEE 50’) Boomerangs FS Blue 2 (Brandon HAWKER 36’, Nicholas RATHJEN 31’) AET

A four-goal extra time blitz saw the Canberra Olympic Superprawns through to another Futsal Premier League Grand Final on Wednesday night.

Goran Josifovski opened the scoring after just five minutes, before Ryan Keir doubled the lead four minutes before the break. Two goals to the good at the break, the Superprawns appeared to rest on their laurels a bit, as Boomerangs hit back.

Nicholas Rathjen scored after 31 minutes to halve the deficit before Brandon Hawker’s goal five minutes later saw Boomerangs draw level and force extra-time.

However extra-time saw consistent one-way traffic, as the Superprawns carried out a four-goal demolition. Pat-Ross-Magee scored first after ten minutes and Daniel Fulton added to the lead in the same minute, before Robbie Cattanach extended the lead only a minute later.

Fulton was again on the score sheet just two minutes later to round off the sublime extra-time period as Superprawns marched on through to the Grand Final.


Belconnen United 3 (Taylor BEATON 28’, Jack GREEN 21’, Dustin WELLS) NC Untouchables Red 2 (Timothy IRESON 15’, Michael KNEE 21’)

Belconnen United won through to a Grand Final match up with the Superprawns as they saw came from behind in a 3-2 win over NC Untouchables Red.

Timothy Ireson scored first for Untouchables in the 15th minute, which proved to be the only goal of the first half. Jack Green scored within minutes of the restart to level up proceedings, but Michael Knee scored almost straight away to lend the advantage towards Untouchables once more.

Belconnen began to work their way on top of the match however, and once Taylor Beaton drew them level after 28 minutes they looked to be the better side, as Dustin Wells made it count with a goal in the final ten minutes to seal progression.


Men’s Futsal Premier League Grand Final – Wednesday 7th December, 8pm Kickoff @ AIS Training Halls