CF Refereeing - joining, coming back or moving interstate

Joining Capital Football Referees

If you have a current accreditation with another branch, association or member federation you may transfer to Capital Football Referees to continue your refereeing career.

For your accreditation to be current you must meet the following requirements.

1) You must have completed a course, or reaccreditation course in the last four years.
2) You must have been registered with a branch, association or member federation two out of the last four years.
3) You must not have any outstanding financial or disciplinary committments to your current registered organisation.

You can check your accredtitation here.  Capital Football may require documentation of the above, if so, we will request a Clearance Document from you.  Contact your current organisation to obtain clearance.

You must have a WWVP card or equivalent state accreditation (NSW working with children, QLD green card) to register with CFR.  The WWVP check is free as a volunteer and can be completed here.

We train on Wednesday from 6:00-7:00pm at a central location, run by a national panel referee and one education meeting per month, presented by a current national assessor or referee.  If you are under the age of 22 you may also be eligible to be part of the CFR Academy, which has produced a number of national panel members, including Owen Goldrick, A-League AR, and Luke Withell, A-League 4th Official.

Capital Football Referees is an active refereeing a social team. The social committee have a number of pre and post season social activities, BBQs, bowling, the NewCanwarra Cup game against our colleagues from Illawarra & Newcastle, and the North v South Canberra Day Cricket game.  We also have a charitable arm and we raise money and participate in the annual Relay for Life, usually being one of the top fundraising teams.

For more info about joining CFR contact Adam Powers at

Re-joining Capital Football Referees

If you have previously been part of Capital Football Referees, and wish to return you may have to complete re-accreditation to join CFR.  If you have been a referee at Level 4 you will need to complete the L4 course to regain accredtitation.  If you have been a referee at Level 3, 2 or 1, you may complete the course of your previous, or lower, accreditation level to gain current accredtitation.

for more info contact Adam Powers at

Moving Interstate

If you are moving interstate and wish to continue refereeing please contact the office to obtain clearance.  We can also advise who to contact at the organisation to register.